The Central Secretariat is the principal service agency of FABC, and an instrument of co-ordination both within FABC and with outside offices and agencies.
The functions of the Central Secretariat shall include the following:
- To serve as an organ of continuing contact and collaboration among the member conferences;
- To be an organ of exchange of information and experience;
- To promote studies and research on problems common to member conferences, especially in the fields of evangelization, cultural adaptation, justice and peace, and cultural adaptation, justice and peace, and other aspects of total human development;
- To establish liason with related pontifical organizations and international studies;
- To sponsor conferences, consultations and seminars on relevant issues;
- To sponsor dialogue with other Christians, followers of the great religions of Asia, and of all men and women of good will, in pursuance of mutual understanding and truth vis-a-vis the common problems of Asia.
Charles Maung Cardinal Bo, SDB
Archbishop of Yango
Malcolm Cardinal Ranjith
Archbishop of Colombo
Tarcisio Isao Kikuchi, SVD
Archbishop of Tokyo
Assistant Secretary General
Fr. William LaRousse, MM
St. Louis Hospital Compound
2/F, (TTB) Katanchalee Bldg. 17 South Sathorn Rd.
Bangkok, 10120, Thailand
Tel: +66 63 117 4111
Email : [email protected]
Thanawan Suwannarit “Jeab”